WiCyS is the only non-profit membership organization with a national reach that is dedicated to bringing together women in cybersecurity from academia, research, and industry to share knowledge, experience, networking, and mentoring. WiCyS helps build a strong cybersecurity workforce with gender equality by facilitating recruitment, retention, and advancement for women in the field. The initiative was created through an NSF grant (Award #1303441) by Dr. Ambareen Siraj at Tennessee Tech University six years ago, and has grown into a wonderful alliance among academia, government, and industry.
About Our Club
Founded in March of 2020, the Women in Cybersecurity UCSB Student Chapter is dedicated to empowering UCSB students to pursue meaningful careers in the cybersecurity field.
Our club offers:
1. A cyberlaw blog curated by our members
2. Technical workshops to gain cybersecurity skills
3. Assitance with cybersecurity certification training
4. A place to discuss current events and relevant subjects
5. Career-building strategies within the cybersecurity field